Wednesday 6 August 2014

# cards # Hero arts

Card for Stretch your stamp 2 day 1 homework ^_^


Hi Hello..Good morning!! have you heard about the stretch your stamp 2 class from Simon says stamp shop?  if you have not you better check it out. I am one of their participant (student) ^_^.
On monday i attended their first lessons and saw there are few videos on the first lesson. found each of the video is awesome!!! worth every cent you spend :). Very inspiring and easy to follow!
 
So inspired by the design team videos, i have decided to do my homework and come out with this card. I know i am late in "submitting" my homework but nevermind, i think the main thing is i have fun isnt?
 
For the today card, i have mixed few of the techniques and design shared in the video into one card.
I do not have stamps that the DT use in the video so i just use whatever i have in my stash.

For the background, i stamped hero arts background stamp and emboss it with white embossing powder on the watercolour paper. i have notice that my white embossing powder doesnt work as supposedly. It doesnt show white colour at all and more to cream colour, secondly i didnt stick well though i use new versamark. I guess my embossing powder expired :P...can this happen ^_^ ?
 Since i do not have other white embossing powder so i went on with the project. Coloured the background with few distress inks. Cut it to smaller pcs (3cm x 3cm) and create window panel. I regret that i didnt put foam dots on the back some of the panel to create in and out look.  Maybe next time ^_^.
 
I made a mistake ! because of i never clear emboss the hot air balloon image and the ink bleed. But i use versafine! which supposedly waterproof? hmmm lesson learnt.
Anyway, i lovee lovee this hot air balloon stamp and dies from Lawn Fawn! a GILTOS (Give Love to Old Stash) item for today.

So this is the side view of the card. For the rain drop i use the negative part of the Hello sentiment from lawn fawn. ^_^ dont waste even the negative part.
 
Would love to enter this card for
Simon says stamp challenge blog- anything goes
Papertake weekly- anything goes
Stamp and create- anything goes
 
 
So that is it the card for today. Fun Class and i had fun while making this card, most of all i used my old stash on this card.
Hope you like my card today and leave me a comment if you like my card or just to let me know that you have been here :) Love to read your lovely comments.
 
See you soon
 
Yenni Natalia
 


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Yenni Natalia :-) the colours and whole design of this is fabulous ! So glad you are enjoying the clasess :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comments :)

      Delete
  2. So happy to read your comment on my blog and so fun to see your sys2 homework card! Love the hot air balloons!You did a great job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you francine. I love love your creations too. I have bookmark your page in my iphone. For my daily dose of craftiness ;)

      Delete
  3. Hello Yenni, this is the first time that I visit your blog....what I miss!! it's great, I love your colors....
    I will follow you with curiosity!
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello francesca, thank you so much for your sweet comments. I am thrill when i read it :D. Hope we can inspired each other okay ;) will pop by your side tmrw. Here very late night. Time to sleep :)

      Delete
  4. Very cute! Love the work with the background stamp! Thanks so much for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Papertake Weekly, and hope you join us again soon! '
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, hope my cards can cheer your day.
Hugs
Yenni Natalia

Follow Us @soratemplates